CNC Punching Machine Operator
Location Guelph, ON Canada
Schedule Mon-Thur; 4:00pm-2:30am
You are responsible for setting up CNC punches and/or laser machines, loading machines with skids of sheet steel using a forklift and sharpening and maintaining tooling.
This position will be a key contributor to our afternoon shift, working 4:00pm-2:30am, Monday-Thursday
- Follow production schedule, and priorities set out by supervision and planning.
- Organize work area and set-up machines including CNC settings, peripheral equipment, and raw material.
- Confirm affirmative completion of daily preventative maintenance and safety device inspections.
- Operate equipment in accordance with standard operating and quality assurance procedures.
- Verify comprehensiveness of work order documents and complete initial and in process quality inspections.
- Record work order completions and in-process fallout through SAP MRP data collection terminals.
- Report and discuss concerns or requirements for assistance with leadership
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- 5+ years of CNC experience operating and troubleshooting laser equipment
- Experience with CNC Amada laser machines set up and operations is a strong asset.
- Blueprint reading knowledge and experience.
- Comfortable using Verner calipers, height gauges, and protractors for precision measurements.
- Mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and team oriented.